WGAN-TV Podcast covers Matterport and related 3D/360 digital twin/virtual tour platforms, cameras, and third-party tools and solutions for real estate photographers and other content creators. Every Thursday at 5 pm ET, WGAN-TV Podcast airs live (www.WGAN-TV.com) and by the following Wednesday, available free on Apple, Samsung, Google, Spotify, Amazon Music and other video and audio podcast apps. We Get Around Network (www.WeGetAroundNetwork.com) Founder and Managing Editor Dan Smigrod interviews industry thought-leaders and content creators to provide insights and training. (175+ one hour, live interview podcasts since August 2016). The We Get Around Network Forum (www.WGANForum.com) knowledge base includes 94,000 Matterport and related posts among 16,000 topics, as of February 2023. The WGAN Forum is read monthly by nearly 20,000 unique visitors and has 8,500 registered members in 145 countries. Join the WGAN community and get connected to what matters to help you succeed faster. It is free to join the WGAN Forum (www.JoinWGAN.com) and instantly receive 50+ WGAN Membership benefits. Info for potential WGAN-TV Podcast guests: www.WGAN.INFO/guest | DanSmigrod@WeGetAroundNetwork.com
Sunday Aug 28, 2022
Sunday Aug 28, 2022
Are you wondering:1. how to seamlessly integrate Matterport + Shopify or Matterport + WooCommerce?2. how to enhance brand identity, with customized menus, MatterTags and billboards?3. how to add interactive design elements for marketing events that include gamification, virtual staging or live streaming?Watch WGAN-TV Live at 5 on Thursday, 25 August 2022 when my guests will be:1. L2VR.co Business Development Kelly Zhang (@l2iot) and2. L2VR.co General Administration Danny NgKelly and Danny will demo and discuss how L2VR.co can help you with their official Matterport Partner eCommerce integrations.If you need custom integration (development) of Matterport + eCommerce, L2vc.co can help you with that as well (and demonstrate a couple of high-end eCommerce integrations showing that!You can sign-up for a 14-day free trial at: www.L2vr.co and/or email: support@L2vr.coBest,Dan---About L2 (Info Provided by L2)Value-added Service for your Matterport SpacesL2 is a virtual tour solutions provider, dedicated to 3D reality creation and virtual experience application development. L2 provides online and offline solutions, including:✓ service robot customization✓ VR/AR applications✓ tailor-made brand experience✓ And more!L2 serves users in more than 30 countries.The services provided by L2 include:✓ 3D panoramic scanning✓ interactive game experience design✓ 3D navigation✓ online location-based services in virtual space✓ 3D furniture display✓ service robot integration✓ user browsing data analysisL2's unique 3D navigation service is applicable for:✓ large shopping malls✓ hotels✓ museums✓ other large complexesFeatures of virtual tour also include:✓ virtual staging✓ gamification✓ synchronized guided tour✓ multi-language audio tour✓ e-commerce shop integration✓ 3D space web design customizationPlease visit L2VR.co for more information and sign up for 14-day Free Trial.L2 is an official Matterport Partner.
Sunday Aug 21, 2022
Sunday Aug 21, 2022
Imagine architects, engineers and construction contractors meeting, presenting and collaborating inside of a BIM model: a space that does not (yet) exist.Watch WGAN-TV Live at 5 on Thursday, 18 August 2022 for:=> WGAN-TV | AEC Team Meetings Inside Your BIM Models, powered by SuperVizMy guests will be:1. SuperViz Co-Founder and CEO Russ Rive and2. SuperViz Head of Sales Marcelo FrancoRuss and Macelo will demo how an AEC team can meet inside of a:1. BIM model2. CAD file (such as Revit, SketchUp and SketchFab)Topics Include1. Save Time and Increase Engagement - SuperViz supports BIM remote collaboration with integrated immersive video conferencing in browsers with no downloads and just a couple clicks2. Share pre-build designs - Share your SuperViz link with collaborators and ‘teleport’ them to meet inside your project.3. Access 3D tools during meetings - Includes Wireframes, Floor Plan, Reset View and Measurement Ruler.4. Make meetings efficient - Shared view options and avatars ensure everyone’s on the same page during virtual discussions.5. Empower your team’s decision-making process6. Anticipate decisions and avoid rework7. Meet, record and shareNote: Russ and Marcelo were my guests on WGAN-TV Live at 5 that aired on Thursday, 30 June 2022 for the show (below):=> WGAN-TV | Meet, Present and Collaborate Inside Your Matterport Tours powered by SuperVizWant to get started with SuperViz today?1. Start a 14-Day Free Trial2. Schedule a SuperViz Demo3. SuperViz Pricing (scroll down)Questions that I should ask Russ and Marcelo?Best,DanSuperViz Links1. SuperViz website2. SuperViz on LinkedIn3. SuperViz Co-Founder and CEO Russ Rive on LinkedIn4. SuperViz YouTube Channel5. SuperViz Direction of Marketing Áine Kmen (@AineSuperViz)6. SuperViz Head of Sales & Customer Success Marcelo Franco (@Marcelo)
Thursday Aug 11, 2022
Thursday Aug 11, 2022
1. Do you need dozens (or hundreds) of Matterport digital twin scanned across the U.S., Canada, Europe and/or Asia?2. Are you seeking one company/one invoice/one point of contact for all your Matterport digital twin scanning?3. Do you need Matterport digital twins captured with a Matterport Pro 3D Camera or a LiDAR scanner/camera?On Thursday, 11 August 2022, my guest will be IFTI/PROvision Solutions Vice President of Business Development James Duffy for this WGAN-TV Live at Noon ET show:=> WGAN-TV | IFTI/PROvision Solutions: Ordering Matterport Digital Twins GloballyDiscussion Includes1. About IFTI/PROvision Solutions2. How IFTI/PROvision Solutions began offering Matterport scanning at scale3. IFTI/PROvision Solutions sweet spots4. Category Examples: Retail, hospitality, fast good, retail chains, senior living, gas stations5. Client Examples: Wendy’s, L'Occitane, Jamba Juice, Arby’s, Buckle, Chilis, Dollar Tree, Fresenius, Heartland Dental, Walgreens, US Bank6. Use-Case Examples: As-Builts, Construction Documentation, Facilities Management, Visual Merchandising, Store Remodels, retail facilities7. Phases: Plan / Build / Operate / Optimize8. Case Studies: As-Builts | Weekly Construction Documentation | Facilities Management9. Matterport Add Ons: Floor Plans, Single Property Websites, DSLR photos, Leica BLK360 scansHow to reach James Duffy:✓ 1-800-490-3657✓ James.Duffy@ifti.com✓ IFTI/PROvision Solutions✓ Request a IFTI/PROvision Solutions Demo with James DuffyQuestions that I should ask James during this WGAN-TV Live at 5 show?Best,DanWho is IFTI/PROvision SolutionsIFTI/PROvision Solutions is national service agency providing Matterport scanning at scale, anywhere in North America (and, internationally).IFTI started out 20+ years ago in the construction industry as a provider of independent concrete slab moisture testing. Over the years, IFTI has developed a reputation for providing reliable information and expert solutions at scale for any number of projects and/or locations across the country.IFTI applies this same processes to Matterport digital twins to begin providing our customers with better visibility into their commercial spaces, along with:✓ as-built floor plans✓ weekly or monthly construction progress documentation✓ facilities management✓ site surveys / store remodels✓ visual merchandising✓ and moreUltimately, IFTI/PROvision Solutions goal is to educate and drive up the value of Matterport scanning (and thus drive up the market rates for Matterport Service Partners) in the AEC space because prices have been anchored at low amounts by the fact that this technology was initially intended for smaller, non-commercial spaces.Matterport Scanning at Scale | One Point of Contact | One Quote | One Invoice
Thursday Jul 28, 2022
Thursday Jul 28, 2022
SIMLAB has updated nine plus (9+) features in SIMLAB STAGES to help communicate and manage commercial construction and renovation (AEC) projects.On WGAN-TV Live at 5 on Thursday, 28 July 2022, my guest will be SIMLAB Founder and CEO Marek Koźlak, PhD Eng. (@SIMLAB) whom will demo:✓ 9+ SIMLAB STAGES Updates for Matterport Digital Twin Integrations for AEC1. Matterport Mattertag importer is now ready2. Brush Tool Kit for adding comments to Screenshots3. Email notifications for notes and their status change4. High, Medium and Low quality switch for 3D models (Desktop)5. Project location by integration with Google Maps 6. Transfer of notes between stages (Web & Desktop) 7. Custom Branding8. Value-Added Reseller of SIMLAB STAGES9. Freemium10. Public demosBest,DanSIMLAB Links✓ SIMLAB website✓ SIMLAB STAGES micro-site✓ SIMLAB YouTube Channel✓ SIMLAB Founder and CEO Marek Kozlak✓ WGAN Forum: @SIMLAB @Jedrzej---About SIMLAB STAGES (Info provided by SIMLAB)STAGES is a construction monitoring solution combined with a cross-sector communication platform that allows easy free viewing and comparison of sequential scans.A single platform to host multiple types of building representations including scan, CAD, and BIM to transparently compare at any point in time are helpful as a permanent record of foundation placement, framing completion, mechanical installation, pre-drywall, and owner turnover.An entire team is able to remotely monitor progress from anywhere.STAGES gives everyone tools to post an issue, add audio, brush and picture notes, and resolve the issue. The complete history is saved within STAGES.This allows variances from plan to field to be controlled, tracked and resolved. Regardless of a newly constructed facility or renovation, the stored views are permanently available for reference.STAGES allows to:• 2D PDF and CAD plans, and/or 3D BIM model to be viewed simultaneously with any scan stage.• easily combine and overlay IFC, BIM models, Matterport Scans, OBJ, PDF blueprints, and FBX scans into a single viewer.• step through the timeline to explore the building from any viewpoint. Easily validate property condition at any point in time.
Thursday Jul 21, 2022
Thursday Jul 21, 2022
1. Are you seeking robust data analytics for Matterport digital twins and Mattertags?2. Are you seeking insights that allow you to understand your customers better?3. Do you want to be able to better understand how visitors to Matterport tours interact with your models?4. Wondering what the demographics are of your Matterport tour visitors?5. Wondering how to schedule and share reports with stakeholders easily and efficiently?My guest on WGAN-TV Live at 5 on Thursday, 21 July 2022 is Matterport Partner Mattertaffic CTO and Founder Diego Orofino (@mattertraffic).Diego will demo and discuss all this and more on:✓ WGAN-TV Live at 5 | Intro to Mattertraffic for Real-Time, In-Depth Matterport Stats(Diego is also runs a long-time New York City-based Matterport Service Provider business: RealVirtualZone)Diego will do a deep-dive demo of Mattertraffic that includes:1. Mattertraffic Real-Time Traffic (Matterport digital twin and Matterport Mattertags)2. Mattertraffic Granular Location Insights3. Mattertraffic Audience Demographics4. Mattertraffic Schedule Reports (automated delivery)5. Mattertraffic Shared Reports6. Mattertraffic Navigation Heatmaps (coming soon)7. Mattertraffic Matterport Mattertag statistics8. Mattertraffic implementation workflow9. Mattertraffic pricing10. What problems does Mattertraffic solve?11. What are the best use-cases for Mattertraffic?12. Why did you create Mattertraffic?13. Specific Mattertraffic implementation shopping/e-commerce conversion tracking examples?(such as Whirlpool example | Matterport Digital Twin | Adweek)14. Syncing15. Custom Links (sub-set of tour)16. Uses Cases: Retail | Real Estate | Hospitality/Travel (such as Museums)
Friday Jul 15, 2022
Friday Jul 15, 2022
LCP Media needs hundreds of real estate photographers across the U.S. to shoot 360s of apartments for lease (and other spaces). If you shoot 3D/360 tours with a Ricoh Theta Z1 – or willing to buy a Ricoh Theta Z1 when you get an order, please complete this LCP Media form: www.LCPmedia.com/TourBuilderXPlus ...Watch WGAN-TV Live at 5 on Thursday, 14 July 2022:=> WGAN-TV | How to Make $$$$$ with TourBuilder 360 Hosting Platform powered by LCP MediaMy guest will be LCP Media (TourBuilder) Chief Executive Officer Wojciech Kalembasa (@TourBuilder) to show and tell us about the TourBuilder 360 Hosting Platform powered by LCP Media and about opportunities shooting 360s of apartments for lease (and other spaces) for LCP Media.Topics Include1. Sweet Spots for 5,000 properties already on TourBuilder, including:Multifamily (Example Tour)TourBuilder virtual tours are designed to enhance the apartment search. Whether paired with floor plans, videos, photography or site maps, these apartment virtual tours can truly upgrade the experience.Hospitality (Example Tour)Perfect for conference halls, hotels, wedding venues and even restaurants, our virtual tours elevate the hospitality experience by allowing guests to explore the venue digitally before booking.Senior LivingVirtual tours have become a a valuable tool for seniors and their families. Virtual tours help seniors and their families navigate the senior housing search with helpful imagery, videos, calls to action and more.Student Living (Example Tour)Students have a lot of options. By providing a virtual tour on your website, you can help student living prospects simplify their search at the website level and help them feel confident in their next home.Commercial Real Estate (Commercial Real Estate)Whether a large retail center, commercial office or co-working space, virtual tours help prospects get a feel for your floor plan and layout before choosing to buy, rent or even visit your property.HealthcareHospitals and healthcare businesses offer a lot of options, rooms and amenities. Help future patients feel at ease when choosing if your practice or hospital is right for their needs with a walk-through virtual tour.2. Demo: How to create a TourBuilder tour3. TourBuilder Kit4. TourBuilder Features-- Complete Customization-- Lead Generation-- Easy Sharing-- Powerful Analytics
Wednesday Jul 13, 2022
Wednesday Jul 13, 2022
Commentary and Analysis byDan SmigrodFounder and Managing EditorWe Get Around Network ForumWGAN-TV Live at 5WGAN-TV Training U (in Matterport)The Matterport acquisition of VHT Studios announced Thursday (7 July 2022), will have many in the We Get Around Network Forum community scratching their heads wondering what to make of this news.While there are at least two reasons that the Matterport acquisition of VHT Studios is a big, bold and brilliant move by Matterport (in the short term), unfortunately, there are nine reasons that this is a (very) bad strategy (in the long term).I could imagine that there are two reasons that Matterport decided to buy one of the largest residential real estate photography agencies in the United States:1. VHT Studios will not offer any of the 170+ other 3D/360 virtual tour platforms and software that compete with Matterport2. Matterport Capture Services On Demand to add all VHT Studios servicesWhile most Wall Street financial analysts that cover Matterport will likely reward Matterport for these two short-term sales growth strategies, in the long-term, investors will cringe for the following reasons:1. Matterport’s Sweet Spot is Spatial Data for Enterprise at Scale – The sweet spot for Matterport is spatial data for enterprise at scale. This is the single greatest use case for Matterport. The acquisition of VHT Studios by Matterport is off strategy.2. Matterport Continues to Compete with Its Real Estate Photographer Customers – When Matterport announced its plans for Matterport Capture Services On Demand, I wrote a 6-part series in the We Get Around Network Forum about why this was a bad idea (Parts: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6).I went into great detail about how and why Matterport Capture Services On Demand competes with its Matterport Service Providers (which is a significant marketing channel for Matterport).By offering Matterport exclusively via VHT Studios – and adding VHT Studio services to Matterport Capture Services On Demand, Matterport is competing with real estate photographers – customers of its Matterport Pro2 3D Camera and Matterport Cloud subscriptions.While Matterport will likely spin the story as more demand for real estate photographers to add Matterport, the reality is that VHT Studios and Matterport Capture Services On Demand will be low paying opportunities for real estate photographers that offer Matterport.
Continues in the We Get Around Network Forum (www.WGANForum.com).
Thursday Jul 07, 2022
Thursday Jul 07, 2022
If you are a Matterport Service Provider that is already scanning commercial buildings, this is a "must watch" episode of WGAN-TV (above) to see how you can get MORE Matterport scanning from your existing commercial building clients.
1. How do you use Aetos Imaging solutions to leverage Matterport digital twins to create GREEN commercial buildings faster and save money while helping the environment?2. How is Sustainable Investment Group (SIG) doing ASHRAE Energy Audits using Aetos Imaging solutions to leverage Matterport digital twins?3. How is the energy audit process being re-invented to help building owners and Facility Managers better understand an ASHRAE Energy Audit actionable insights to expedite the implementation of GREEN recommendations?On Thursday, 7 July 2022, my guests on WGAN-TV Live at 5 will be Aetos Imaging Co-Founder and President Connor Offutt | and Green Building Holdings [Sustainable Investment Group, LLC (SIG)] Head of Communications Brian Bollinger, CEM, LEED Green Association to discuss:WGAN-TV Aetos Imaging + Matterport Digital Twins = GREEN Commercial SpacesAmong the topics we will discuss is implementing ASHRAE Energy Audits using Aetos Imaging + Matterport Digital Twins for helping show and tell what and how to implementing GREEN changes to existing building systems to:1. Save Money2. Save Time3. Help the Environment4. Make it easier to understand for stakeholders (such as building owners and Facility Managers)---WHATASHRAE Energy Audit reports have become a box to check, often similar in look/feel from project to project. Aetos Imaging new offering utilizes Matterport digital twins to revolutionize energy audits and reporting.Instead of a too-often-ignored writeup, recipients can now view an interactive digital report of their space, down to the individual equipment components, allowing the visualization of Sustainable Investment Group’s (SIG) recommendations in their actual space, setting SIG apart from the rest of the Energy Audit provider market.HOWDuring the on-site audit walkthrough, we will bring a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera to capture an as-built of the client’s space.This Matterport digital twin will then be accessible via direct link. Our team will then go through the Matterport scan and “tag”, or mark up the space with notes and recommendations pertaining to the completed Energy Audit.Throughout the digital environment users will find detailed information overlaid on the corresponding equipment or area relating to the issue or opportunity.The report will contain a link and QR code to the digital report. Once the report is finished, our consultants will walk your team through all suggestions via an interactive video call. This state-of-the-art process brings traditional energy audits to the next level, allowing your team to more precisely implement changes to existing building systems.
P.S. Previous WGAN-TV show:=> WGAN-TV Podcast: Aetos Imaging for Commercial Property FM/Training using Matterport
Thursday Jun 30, 2022
Thursday Jun 30, 2022
1. Do you have a need to meet, present and collaborate inside your Matterport digital twins with a senseof presence?2. Would you like to meet with multiple participates within a Matterport digital twin?3. Want to get started today?On Thursday, 30 June 2022, my guests on WGAN-TV Live at 5 [5 pm ET] are:1. SuperViz Co-Founder and CEO Russ Rive and2. SuperViz Head of Sales, marketing and Customer Success Marcelo FrancoRuss and Marcelo will show and tell about SuperViz: video conferencing designed from the ground up for spatial data.✓ WGAN-TV Live at 5 | Meet, Present and Collaborate Inside Your Matterport Tours powered by SuperVizIn addition to the demo, I will ask Russ and Marcelo about:1. Participants have independent camera views and freedom of movement in the Matterport digital twin, as if they were really walking around the project.2. Hosts can transport participants between Matterport spaces without changing meetings.3. Lasers, avatars, and mouse positions are visible to everyone for directing focus and discussion.4. Unique hover and click view options like follow-me, gather-all, and go-to allow for precise guidance of participants through the Matterport space.5. All integrations include a full-suite of video conferencing tools including record, screen share, and chat.6. Meeting set-up is instant with clickable links for participants.7. Accessible to everyone - All you need is a browser to meet face-to-face inside your Matterport digital twins. No downloads or software necessary. Guests don’t need an account or technical experience, they just click the shared link and join you inside the project.8. All-in-one pricing with unlimited meetings with up to 16 participants and simple set-up.9. SuperViz API and SDKWant to get started with SuperViz today?1. Start a 14-Day Free Trial2. Schedule a SuperViz Demo3. SuperViz Pricing (scroll down)
If you are a Matterport Service Provider, this is a "must watch" WGAN-TV show (above) to help you:1. Increase revenue from existing clients2. Get new clients verticals you are already shooting3. Get new clients in verticals that you are NOT yet shooting4. Differentiate your Matterport Service Provider business5. Earn recurring revenueVisit www.SuperViz.com to get a 14-day free trial and/or sign-up for a 1:1 conversation with SuperViz
Thursday Jun 23, 2022
Thursday Jun 23, 2022
Today's WGAN-TV Live at 5 (5 pm ET Thursday, 23 June 2022) is for Matterport Service Providers that shoot either:1. New Multi-Family Communities of homes and apartments2. commercial office space: particularly MEP (Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing) spaces for Facility ManagersYou will find out how to:1. Get more scanning business from existing clients2. Offer Add On services3. Get more new clientsThanks for watching!
Discussion Topics1. One App = Complete Property Management--IoT and smart device control--Complete asset management--Maintenance schedule notifications2. Reasonable Cost-- Free light version-- Full license (starting at $10 USD per month)3. Integrations-- KNX-- Samsung SmartThings-- FIBARO4. Matterport 3D Digital Twin Used as the “All Data” Container-- Online 3D model visualization becomes the information container for all data related to any physical space-- IoT Devices Control===> Many vendors synchronized in one place===> Intuitive and user-friendly 3D interface===> Secure and easy access to device data===> Customization of displayed information===> Visual presentation of device activity and settings-- Asset Management (All Data in One Place)===> Real mapping of devices in space===> Collect all data about devices, equipment, finishing material, gadgets in one place===> Add photos, video and documents for any asset===> Select category filters for ease of use-- Why SIM-ON by SIMLAB is so SPECIAL?===> No tools needed===> Best interface===> Integrations===> Low costPlus, you can take SIMLAB SIM-ON for a free spin, if you already have a Matterport digital twin.
Thursday Jun 09, 2022
Thursday Jun 09, 2022
1. Do you want to simplify your real estate photography workflow?2. Do you want to eliminate subscriptions in favor of pay as you go (or free)?3. Do you want all your back-end real estate photography services handled by one company?My guest on WGAN-TV Live at 5 on Thursday, 9 June 2022 is:✓ Urbanimmersive VP, Business Development Partnerships François-Hugues LibergeFrançois will demo and discuss:✓ WGAN-TV | Intro to Urbanimmersive Real Estate Photography ServicesTopics Include1. 3D Tours2. Interactive Floor Plans within 3D Tour (Hotspot Editor)3. Floor Plans created from 3D Tours4. UiMeet3D with live guided video chat5. Single Property Website (Many Styles; branded and Unbranded)6. Flyers (auto-generated) (free)7. Media Delivery8. Photo EditingWhat questions should I ask François-Hugues Liberge on WGAN-TV Live at 5?Best,DanUrbanimmersive Links1. Urbanimmersive Website2. Urbanimmersive Facebook Page3. Urbanimmersive YouTube Channel4. Urbanimmersive LinkedIn Page5. Urbanimmersive on Twitter6. Urbanimmersive VP, Business Development and Partnerships François-Hugues Liberge
Friday Jun 03, 2022
Friday Jun 03, 2022
How can commercial real estate Facility Managers, Engineers and General Contractors enhance Matterport digital twins for:1. Remote Facilities Management?2. Remote Collaboration?3. Remote Training?4. MEP documentation: including dynamic data via API integrations such as temperate and pressure?On Thursday, 2 June 2022, my guest on WGAN-TV Live at 5 will be Aetos Imaging Co-Founder and President Connor Offutt:✓ WGAN-TV | Intro to Aetos Imaging for Remote Commercial Property Facilities Management, Collaboration and Training using MatterportConnor will demo and discuss Aetos Imaging's Aetos Operate platform to leverages Matterport digital twins to give property management a virtual twin of their real-world asset and give staff remote operations tools:1. VISUAL EQUIPMENT DATABASE – By tagging all of the equipment, components and the systems they belong to, your building can create a visual equipment database for management teams. Aetos Operate Integrates with Facilities Management platforms such as Angus Anywhere, Building Engines, FM 3602. BETTER TRAINING – Our platform allows your building to offer custom training simulations that are tailored to your operations, not just an industry boilerplate. Staff can easily find and identify equipment, react to critical emergencies or even go through specific equipment maintenance procedures.3. BETTER ONBOARDING – Imagine if every new hire learned directly from your best trainers and your most seasoned experts. We make it easier than ever to keep your entire facilities workforce up-to-date on the most critical training procedures.4. COLLABORATION IN 3D – Aetos integrates native video conferencing technology that allows users to directly engage with your building's Matterport digital twins online. No lag and no clunky controls, just a remote twin of your real-world asset in which to walk, talk and solve problems together.
Thursday May 19, 2022
Thursday May 19, 2022
1. Do you use Matterport from the architectural design through construction phases of buildings?2. Do you want to save money and time while improving team communication at all stages of design/build?3. Would your AEC team benefit from comparing BIM to Matterport at various stages of construction?On WGAN-TV Live at 5 on Thursday, 19 May 2022, my guest will be SIMLAB Founder and CEO Marek Koźlak, PhD Eng. (@SIMLAB) whom will provide:✓ Introduction to SIMLAB STAGES + Matterport for AEC Design/Build CommunicationMarek will demo and discuss:1. SIMLAB STAGES enables easy Matterport digital twin annotation with:1A. text1B. audio (including recording audio)1C. video1D. photos2E. Documents2F. Draw (such as circle an item to call attention to it)... through the architectural design stage and construction phases of buildings.2. AEC teams communicate efficiently and effectively at every project stage, resulting in saving of money and time. Inspect construction sites overtime with less travel and fewer construction errors.2A. Categories include: Info, pending, resolved, unresolved and in-progress2B. How to assign stakeholders, how to add STAGES and how to align and sync Matterport digital twins to create a timeline3. SIMLAB STAGES IoT integration of Matterport spaces enables real-time daily updates from the project site into Matterport digital twins allowing stakeholders to view and collaborate on a project at different points in time; leveraging the SIMLAB STAGES compare BIM to Matterport digital twins timeline feature.4. Supported formats include: Matterport, BIM, IFC, FBX5. Standalone App for Windows and macOSIn the mean time, see the SIMLAB training videos above.What questions should I ask Marek on WGAN-TV Live at 5?Best,DanSIMLAB Links✓ SIMLAB website✓ SIMLAB STAGES micro-site✓ SIMLAB YouTube Channel✓ SIMLAB Founder and CEO Marek Kozlak
Thursday May 12, 2022
Thursday May 12, 2022
What if you have been asked to do a Matterport scan of a:1. construction site that has no lights and no power?2. large space and your iPad will not last for a full charge?3. warehouse and you want to speed up the shoot and reduce hand fatigue from holding an iPad?Watch WGAN-TV Live at 5 on Thursday, 12 May 2022:✓ MSP Home3D.us | Top 10 Gear Accessories for Matterport ProsMy guests are long-time Matterport Pros:1. Home3D.us Virtual Services Consultant and Creator Kevin Dole (@Home3D)2. Home3D.us Photographer Eric DoleKevin and Eric will share their: Top 10 Gear Accessories for Matterport ProsThis WGAN-TV Live at 5 show was inspired by two of Kevin's recent WGAN Forum posts:1. Great Rechargeable 360° light for Matterport Pro2 or Theta Z/X scanning2. Best iPad Pro battery I've found (for Large Matterport Pro2 Scans)Plus, Kevin and Eric have each previously been my guest on WGAN-TV Live at 5 (and shared gear/accessories during those shows), so, we thought it was time to do a WGAN-TV show solely about: Top 10 Gear Accessories for Matterport Pros. Here are the two shows:1. Eric Dole: Transcript: WGAN-TV 25+ Tips for Scanning Large Spaces with Matterport Pro22. Kevin Dole: Transcript: WGAN-TV - Advanced Outdoor Matterport Scanning TechniquesGot favorite gear/accessories for Matterport Pros? Feel free to either share here or start a new WGAN Forum discussion.Or, if you have a gear/accessory related question that you would like discussion on this WGAN-TV Live at 5 show, feel free to post to this WGAN Forum discussion.Best,Dan
Thursday Apr 28, 2022
Thursday Apr 28, 2022
1. Wondering if there is a better way to make money from your real estate images (other than stock photography)?2. Wondering how to turn your real estate photography images into NFTs?3. Wondering how to shoot real estate photography of communities and have clients find your image library?Watch WGAN-TV Live at 5 on Thursday, April 28, 2022:==>How Real Estate Photographers Make Money with NFTs powered by HomeJabMy guest will be HomeJab Founder and Owner Joe Jesuele.I will ask Joe to show and tell us about real: the recently launched (see below) first NFT platform for real estate images created by HomeJab.Demos will include:1. How to buy an image, video (ground, aerial) or 3D Virtual Tour (and which 3D/360 virtual tours)2. How to add an image, video or 3D Virtual Tour3. (What is) and how to add a cypto wallet (such as MetaMask)Additionally, I will ask Joe about:1. What problem the HomeJab NFT Platform for real estate images solves2. Why there is an opportunity for real estate photographers to make much more than stock photography rates for images3. Why the HomeJab NFT Platform will disrupt the $4 billion stock photo industry4. The value proposition to Real Estate Photographers5. The value proposition to Real Estate Agents6. The value proposition to Businesses7. The value proposition to Journalists and Bloggers8. The value proposition to Digital Art Collectors9. Why use an NFT platform for the real marketplace?10. If there are "chicken/egg" challenges to creating the real marketplace?11. what kind of real estate images are best for the real marketplace?12. What's a crypto wallet and how to connect it to real marketplace?Got questions that I should ask Joe during the show?Find out more here: HomeJab real MarketPlace
Thursday Apr 21, 2022
Thursday Apr 21, 2022
1. How do you (easily) change prices on merchandise within a Matterport tour?2. How do you (easily) integrate a retail store shopping cart within a Matterport tour?3. How do you (easily) add livestreaming shopping events within a Matterport tour?Watch a deep-dive demo on Thursday, April 21, 2022 on:✓ WGAN-TV Live at 5: How to Add a Shopping Cart - and Live Shopping Events - to Matterport Tours powered by OpenhausMy guests will be:✓ Openhaus Co-Founder Carson Clement (@openhaus_carson)✓ Openhaus Co-Founder Tosch Trumen (@tosch)Openhaus demo will include:1. Front-end shopping experience within a Matterport tour | Openhaus Tour Example2. Back-end content management system3. Augmented Reality (AR) integration for how products will look in your home4. Openhaus iOS AppTopics for discussion include:1. How to (easily) keep product pricing synced with Shopify (and other eCommerce platforms)2. How to integrate a shopping cart within a Matterport tour3. Metrics available (and how to access)4. Sharing features (including: QR Code; embedding; links; social sharing)Use Cases for Discussion:1. Retail and Showrooms2. Tradeshows3. eCommerce4. Media5. Entertainment6. Interior Design | Design Loves Detail Example7. Real Estate | The Old House on Main Example8. Matterport ProsSpecial Offer for WGAN Standard and Premium Members✓ Receive the free use of Openhaus | Complete this WGAN Form for Openhaus (Need Password? Private Message @DanSmigrod)Openhaus Offer for All✓ Start Openhaus 30-day Free Trial (no credit card required)Best,DanOpenhaus Links1. Openhaus website2. Openhaus for Matterport Pros website3. Start Openhaus 30-day Free Trial (no credit card required)4. Talk to Openhaus Sales website5. Openhaus Vimeo Channel (Carson)6. Openhaus on LinkedIn7. Openhaus Co-Founder Carson Clement8. Openhaus Co-Founder Tosch Trumen9. Openhaus Tour Example10. Openhaus iOS App11. Openhaus on Twitter12. Openhaus YouTube Channel13. Openhaus on Facebook14. Openhaus on Pinterest
Friday Apr 15, 2022
Friday Apr 15, 2022
1. Are you a real estate photographer thinking about buying a Matterport Axis?2. Are you a real estate agent thinking about buying a Matterport Axis?3. Are you a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera user thinking about buying a Matterport Axis?4. Wondering how the Matterport Axis compares to a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera, Ricoh Theta Z1, X and SC2?5. As a Matterport Service Provider, how can you position the Matterport Axis to your clients who ask your advice about the product?Then watch WGAN-TV Live at 5 - 5 pm ET - on Thursday, April 14 2022:✓ Matterport Axis Motorized Mount Smartphone Rotator: 1st ImpressionsMy guests will be two WGAN Forum Members that often post reviews in the WGAN Forum:Jeff Nitschke (@lilnitsch)OwnerCaptureNWNorth Idaho and Eastern Washington Statewww.CAPTUREnw.com[Jeff was previously my guest on WGAN-TV: A MSP Customer Journey: Jeff Nitschke with CaptureNW]and ...Dave Avilla (@Dataventurer)Real Estate Photographer andColdwell Banker Realty AgentGilroy, Californiawww.CBnorCAL.com | CalDRE # 01075392[Dave was previously my guest on WGAN-TV: 31 Statistics to Help Sell Virtual Tours to RE Agents]Dave plans to shoot the same property with the Matterport Axis and Ricoh Theta SC2.Jeff plans to shoot the following home with the Matterport Axis that he previously shot with:1. Matterport Pro2 3D Camera2. Ricoh Theta Z12. Ricoh Theta X3. Ricoh Theta SC2
Tuesday Apr 12, 2022
Tuesday Apr 12, 2022
On WGAN-TV Live at 5 (5 pm ET | GMT -5) on Thursday, 7 April 2022, my guest will be Planitiar (iGUIDE) Marketing Manager Chris White (@Chris_iGUIDE) to show and tell about:✓ WGAN-TV | iGUIDE Refresh: New 3D Tour Display and iGUIDE ANSI Compliant 2D Floor PlansiGUIDE, an industry leader in 3D tours and floor plans, introduces an enhanced interface designed to create a faster, better, and more attractive user experience.The iGUIDE enhanced 3D tour (example above) promises to create a fresh yet familiar way for viewers and virtual visitors to interact with a space."Changes are thoughtfully designed for maximum impact while retaining the functionality current iGUIDE users value," writes Chris.Changes to the iGUIDE Viewer include:1. Streamlined floor plan for better navigation and a more immersive experience2. Grouped toolbox to put commonly used commands together for ease of use3. More refined menu bar with a new background and space for branding and an addressOffering the capability to minimize the menu bar and floorplan, users will enjoy a more immersive virtual environment while retaining robust control of Viewer functions.In addition to showing and telling about the iGUIDE Viewer refresh, Chris will discuss what's new with iGUIDE.
Monday Apr 04, 2022
Monday Apr 04, 2022
Are you a Matterport Service Provider that works with -- or want to work with -- Retail Store clients?On WGAN-TV Live at 5 on Thursday, 31 March 2022, learn about how to add value to Matterport tours for Retail Stores -- using Matterport paired with the RETAIL VR Platform -- including:1. Retail Store Virtual Staging2. Virtual E-Commerce3. Virtual Showroom4. VR in Retail (More)5. AR in Retail6. In-Store Simulation7. Product Launch Testing via 3D Virtual Store8. Simulate POS Merchandising LocationsMy guest will be: Asnières-sur-Seine, Île-de-France-based RETAIL VR Partner International Business Development Adrien Zanelli (@Adrien).For an amuse-bouche – a taste - of what to expect on this WGAN-TV Live at 5 episode, please see the short RETAIL VR videos (below) and the Matterport/RETAIL VR media release announcing their partnership (27 January 2022 | below).Questions that I should ask Adrien on this WGAN-TV Live at 5 show?Best,DanRETAIL VR Links✓ RETAIL VR website✓ RETAIL VR on LinkedIn✓ Adrien Zanelli on LinkedIn✓ RETAIL VR YouTube Channel✓ Retail VR on Twitter: RetailVR_✓ WGAN Forum: @Adrien
Friday Mar 25, 2022
Friday Mar 25, 2022
On WGAN-TV Live at 5 on Thursday, March 24, 2022, our topic is:✓ WindoVision: How to Leverage Matterport Virtual Tours in a Real Estate Broker's WindowsMy guest will be WindoVision Chief Executive Officer Peter Thomas."WindoVision has developed technology that converts an existing storefront window of a real estate office into a through-glass touchscreen device that allows users to search real-time listing data, access 3D tours, view agent profiles and other company information, on demand. They can do all of this without any personal contact or ever stepping foot in the building," reports RisMedia.WindoVision Demo Includes1. Experiencing Matterport virtual tours via the through-the-glass tech2. Interactive real estate specific software including MLS/IDX daily sync for property searches3. Lead GenerationAbout WindoVisionATTRACT | You start by giving buyers a reason to stop by. Bright illuminated displays combined with a big screen wrapped with an interactive touch graphic creates a warm inviting environment at your office front. Buyers are drawn to your windows and spend time looking at an attractive presentations of your listings.ENGAGE | Buyers can instantly access virtual tours for all your properties by entering their three digit code from the property display. Shopping for a home has never been more easy and fun. Buyers can also search MLS listings, map their location and even calculate their mortgage payment . . . all right from the sidewalk!CONNECT | More people stopping at your window means more walk-in business. The most successful agents, however, connect with buyers engaged on the sidewalk. When you’re closed, the system continues to generate leads by capturing the buyers email address or cell phone number and instantly forwards it to the agent.Special Offer for We Get Around Network Community✓ Use Coupon Code WGAN to receive three free additional months of WindoVision Standard Premium Package.Questions that I should ask Peter?Best,DanLinks/Contact✓ WindoVision Website✓ Schedule a Demo (Bottom Right)✓ Phone: 800-714-1310 (or Peter Thomas at 734-363-8363)
Friday Mar 25, 2022
Friday Mar 25, 2022
Refugee Ukrainian Children Drawings Displayed Within a Virtually Staged Matterport 3D Tour GalleryDrawings of Children From Ukraine: A Campaign By Laura IlioaeiArtem and Anastasia Bykovets are a couple who had resided in their home in the suburbs of Kyiv, Ukraine. They have two daughters: Sasha and Sofia, who are 2 and 6-years-old, respectively.However, Russian fighter jets recently began flying over their house, spontaneously bombing the country they had all previously called home. Staying put was evidently not an option. These parents told their children that there was no choice but to flee. Sasha and Sofia were told to gather three of their favorite toys before they would leave and seek refuge in a safer country.Though barely older than a toddler, Sofia was well-aware that the world she had known was under turmoil and chaos. Terrified and teary-eyed, she gathered her things, bade her room goodbye, and left it while crying the whole time. The family went into their car, and Sofia’s parents attempted to console her with soft words without sparing the honesty of the tragic situation of the war at hand. Sofia quickly found herself needing to find an outlet to channel her sorrow and anxiety.This outlet manifested into using art to cope with her emotions. Sofia began to actively paint. Initially, it was on craft bags and napkins, but she quickly transferred to more digitized platforms on tablets and cell phones.Artem and Anastasia realized that art had a cathartic power; when Sofia painted, she was too distracted to feel distressed. They realized that art therapy would be beneficial to other children like Sofia.Many Ukrainian children are currently spending time hiding in basements and bomb shelters as opposed to playgrounds. Since they are young, they’re unable to verbalize their feelings. They’re disturbed by the disruption in their routine and the terrors of war. The uncertainties felt by their parents perturb them as well, as there is no authority figure that can guide them through the dangerous volatility of their situation.Prompted by these truths and their own anecdotal evidence through watching Sofia, Artem and Anastasia quickly founded UA Kids Today. It’s a platform that aims to help Ukrainians by tending to their psychological and emotional needs.Their emphasis is on the well-being of children. They’re currently launching an all-Ukrainian online virtually staged 3D gallery of children's drawings (See Above). These drawings are meant to show how children feel about war, exposing these insights to an international audience.
Article continues in the We Get Around Network Forum (www.WGANForum.com)
Thursday Mar 24, 2022
Thursday Mar 24, 2022
The sweet spot for Matterport is spatial data for enterprise at scale. Then, if you add Matterport's recent acquisition of Enview, which is a company that teases out those analytics of three-dimensional models at scale, once Enview puts the tools and solutions in place for Matterport, that is the single greatest use case for Matterport.
The sweet spot is spatial data at scale for enterprise.
Let me see if I can give you an example. If you're a facilities manager and you have 150 different commercial office spaces across the United States, for that matter, across the world, and you're tasked with, "hey, what if we put in this light bulb versus this light bulb in all those three by six boxes that have the fluorescent lights, how much money would that cost?
How much money would that save? What would be the energy efficiency?" Whatever questions that get queried.
Well, the old-school way of doing that is, you'd send an email to the 150 different counterparts at each one of those buildings and say, "hey, Jim John, those fixtures in the ceiling that are three by six, that each have four fluorescent light bulbs, how many do we have in that 100,000 square foot location?" They say, "well, I don't know. Let me go walk all these floors and count these fixtures, and I'll get back to you." That is a Herculean manual task done old-school.
Now imagine, you have a Matterport spatial data, digital twin, of all those 150 buildings, and you have this powered by Enview solution, and you're able to say, "okay, here's the object I'm looking for with AI. Go find all those three by six light boxes in 150 buildings, tell me how many boxes do I have by building and total?" That should be a 10 minute exercise that would otherwise take weeks and tons of people time, and totally inefficient.
Now, let's go count fire extinguishers and let's go count windows because we have this inefficient glass. If we go put this other type of glass in, we'll be able to save energy by 50 percent. But, we need to know how many windows that we're talking about in 150 buildings.
Go count the windows. That's an example of Matterport in the best, highest use case, where it can add the most value to enterprise, and charge the most money. That's all about software, that's all about recurring revenue. Has nothing to do with what device that I use to capture the data?
We didn't talk about it. But if you were to ask me, I would say, "in the long run, Matterport should be out of the camera business." They shouldn't be making any devices. They should be out of Capture Services (On Demand). They shouldn't be running a labor-intensive business.
They should just be the essence of what is the best, highest use case for Matterport, and that's spatial data meets enterprise at scale. Everything I look at, I tend to evaluate in terms of quadrants. I think about it in terms of my career over time. Did I like working for that company?
Did I like who I worked for? That was in Quadrant four. I was happy, and the company was happy. Quadrant 1 in the lower case was, I was unhappy and the company was unhappy. That's metaphorically what we're talking about. Let's get in the right box.
If you take all the different use cases for Matterport, if you were telling me about residential real estate, obviously, Matterport doesn't really add a lot of value in terms of spatial data and it takes a long time to capture, and all these things.
I'll put it in that lower box where it doesn't add a huge amount of value versus competitors. Matterport probably can't charge as much for it. By the way, they can't sell a lot of add-ons over time for it. Now, this top quadrant box, which I would describe as what is the highest use case for Matterport?
Things that involve spatial data that matter for enterprise. That's a sweet box up in this top right corner. That provides a ton of value to enterprise, and that is something that Matterport can charge a lot of money over time as recurring revenue.
Continues in the We Get Around Network Forum (www.WGANForum.com)
Monday Mar 07, 2022
Monday Mar 07, 2022
If you are thinking about buying a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera -- and start a Matterport Service Provider business -- you should watch this video (above), if you:1. are not a real estate photographer2. are not a real estate agent3. do not have an existing service business where Matterport digital twins would be an Add On to your existing business.Questions?Best,DanTranscript (Video above)[The voice of the WGAN Forum Member has been changed and edited for clarity and brevity.][00:00:03]Dan Smigrod: Thanks for reaching out, Thanks for joining the We Get Around Network Forum. How did you hear about us?[00:00:09]WGAN Forum Member: Well, I just did some preliminary research and I just saw you everywhere. Anywhere I went talking about Matterport or 3D scanning your name on We Get Around Network just kept popping up and I was like, "You know what, I think this is the guy I need to talk to."[00:00:28]Dan Smigrod: Well, I looked at your LinkedIn profile, it didn't jump out at me that you are going to start a business. Why don't you tell me about what you're planning to do and then how I can help you.[00:00:39]WGAN Forum Member: Basically, I caught wind of the whole Matterport thing recently. I'm a retail merchandiser by trade, andlike we started offering the Matterport services to retail clients and I was actually out... standing with the camera: literally, physically doing it.I thought it was the coolest thing, but my mind started turning like there's so many different uses for this. I can see eventually all this talk about a 3D and the whole virtual VR thing is where things are going, coming out of that 2D space into the 3D space.
Transcript continues in the We Get Around Network Forum (www.WGANForum.com):
Monday Feb 21, 2022
Monday Feb 21, 2022
Commentary and Analysis byDan SmigrodFounder and Managing EditorWe Get Around Network Forum and WGAN-TV Live at 5Monday, 21 February 2022My manicurist, Brenda, told me Friday (18 February 2022) that she is thinking about buying Matterport, Inc. (NASDAQ: MTTR) stock, after a friend told her about how Matterport had been trading as high as $37.60 per share after going public via a SPAC deal at $10 per share and Matterport was now trading at $6.83 per share; near its low of $6.20 per share.“I’ll invest $500. It will be fun,” Brenda told me with a smile.(Brenda initially said the company was Matterhorn and didn’t mention the specific dollar amounts or SPAC, but that was the gist of what her friend told her.)I could imagine that Ola Rollén, President and CEO of Stockholm, Sweden-based Hexagon AB is thinking nearly the same thing: buy Matterport now for a few billion dollars while Matterport is trading at its surprising “blue-light special” pricing.While Matterport begins every media release with “Matterport, Inc., the leading spatial data company driving the digital transformation of the built world,…” that statement is likely a much-much-much better description of the much-much-much bigger Hexagon.“Our Vision: A future where data is fully and autonomously leveraged so that business, industry and humanity sustainably thrive,” writes Hexagon on its website. “Our Mission: Putting data to work to enable autonomous, connected ecosystems that boost efficiency, productively and quality for our customers.”Aside from the lofty words, what do the two companies have in common?
Continued in the We Get Around Network Forum (www.WGANForumn.com) here:
Thursday Feb 10, 2022
Thursday Feb 10, 2022
✓ How can you host 360s?✓ How can you show a 360 aerial and link to: Matterport, Photos, Video, Floor Plans, 360s, Shopping and Audio?✓ How can you show a 2D image and link to: Matterport, Photos, Video, Floor Plans, 360s, Shopping and Audio?My guest on WGAN-TV Live at 5 on Thursday, 10 February 2022 is ThreeSixty Tours Owner Hadi Ossaily. Hadi will show and tell us about ThreeSixty Tours:✓ WGAN-TV | Introduction to ThreeSixty Tours: Including a Deep-Dive DemoShow and Tell Includes✓ What is ThreeSixty Tours?✓ When/Why use ThreeSixty Tours?✓ What are the benefits to using ThreeSixty Tours?✓ Front-end Demo: show examples of use cases✓ Back-end Demo: how to create a ThreeSixty Tour from start to finish✓ How to get started: free offer✓ Tell us about use-cases for ThreeSixty Tours, including:-- Residential Development-- Condominium Building-- Vacation Resort-- Campus Tour-- Large commercial offer space-- Shopping-- Tell us about how to get started with ThreeSixty Tours for freeSpecial Offer for We Get Around Network Standard Members✓ Free use of ThreeSixty Tours Business Plan as long as you are a Standard or Premium Member.The top-of-the-line ThreeSixty Tours Business Plan includes:✓ Responsive viewer embed✓ Social Sharing with Facebook, Twitter and Google+✓ Unlimited Panoramas✓ Unlimited Tours✓ Panorama Branding✓ Tour Branding✓ MLS friendly (no branding option)✓ Option to override branding settings on a per-panorama and per-tour basis✓ CSV Data Import/Export✓ 5 Custom Domain Names (White Label)✓ Seamless integration with WP3D Models Wordpress Plugin (Model Base: ThreeSixty Tours)Questions I should ask Hadi on WGAN-TV Live at 5?Best,DanAbout ThreeSixty ToursThreeSixty Tours is a platform to view and share one or more 360º photo spheres and 360º videos (via embedding) and additional content such as:✓ 360º photo spheres (panoramas) via embedding✓ 360º videos via embedding (host 360º videos on YouTube or Vimeo)✓ Matterport Spaces 3D Tours✓ Videos✓ Photos✓ Shopping (eCommerce)✓ Text✓ Annotate and connect 360º panoramasHere are ThreeSixty Tours examples:✓ Luxury Resort✓ Condominium Building✓ Residential Development✓ Stadium Tour✓ Shopping ExampleLinks✓ Website: ThreeSixty.Tours✓ LinkedIn: Hadi Ossaily✓ WGAN Forum discussions tagged: ThreeSixty Tours✓ Facebook: ThreeSixty Tours✓ YouTube Channel: ThreeSixty Tours✓ Twitter: ThreeSixtyTours✓ WGAN Forum Member Name: @ThreeSixty_Tours
WGAN-TV Live at 5 and On-Demand
Scan the QR Code:
See more ways to watch WGAN-TV
WGAN-TV Live 5 Schedule
Connect with Host and Managing Editor Dan Smigrod
Join the discussion at: www.WeGetAroundNetwork.com