Are you a Matterport Service Provider that owns - or is considering buying - a Matterport Pro3 Camera?
Are you struggling to understand -- in non-geek speak -- things like?
-- What is the Level of Accuracy (LOA) of a Matterport Pro3 Camera?
-- What are the benefits of a Matterport Pro3 Camera in the AEC space?
-- What are the limitations of the Matterport Pro3 Camera in the AEC space?
Stay tuned ...
To answer these questions (and more) about the Matterport Pro3 Camera for Architects, Engineers and Construction (AEC) professionals, my guests on WGAN-TV Live at 5 on Thursday, 15 June 2023 are:
1. North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada-based 3DLS.XYZ Managing Partner Richard "RJ" Johnson
2. Tustin, CA-based Architectural Resource Consultants (ARC) President and CEO John Russo
3. Atlanta, GA-based RC Monkeys Director Silviu Stoian
WGAN-TV | Matterport Pro3 Camera for AEC: Expert Insights on Level of Accuracy, Benefits and Limitations
Questions for My Guests -- to Answer in Super-Simple Non-Geek Speak -- Include
I will assume that the WGAN-TV audience members are Matterport Service Providers (MSPs) that are NOT engineers. MSPs may be talking with architects, engineers and construction professionals and this topic is like a foreign language that needs translation in super-simple English.
1. What is the Level of Accuracy (LOA) of a Matterport Pro3 Camera?
2. What are the benefits of a Matterport Pro3 Camera in the AEC space?
3. What are the limitations of the Matterport Pro3 Camera in the AEC space?
4. What is Level of Detail (LOD)?
5. What is Level of Development (LOD)?
6. What is Level of Accuracy (LOA)?
7. Why do these three terms matter?
8. How do these three terms relate to each other?
9. How can LOA influence the possible LOD?
10. How do these three terms get used in the AEC space?
11. How do these three terms apply to the Matterport Pro3 Camera?
12. What is a noisy data set (and why does this matter)?
13. What are Intensity Values (and why does this matter)?
14. What are Classification and Segmentations Tools in context to the Matterport E57 File?
15. Why do Matterport E57 Files have compounding errors in registration (and why does this matter)?
16. How does the Matterport Pro3 Camera perform in context to LOD and LOA in the AEC space?
17. Additional discussion of accuracy of Matterport Pro3 Camera scan data?
18. Why does this matter in the AEC space?
19. Matterport Pro3 Camera created E57 File (versus other scanning solutions to create E57 Files)
20. Are there any AEC use-cases for the Matterport Pro3 Camera?
21. Can the Matterport Pro3 Camera be used for "As-Builts"?
22. Can the Matterport Pro3 Camera be used for weekly construction documentation?
23. Discussion of accuracy of scan data (and why this matters in AEC space)
24. What does LOD 200 mean in references to the international BIM Forum?
25. What does Matterport say about LOA and LOD in context to the Matterport Pro3 Camera?
26. What about a Matterport MatterPak created from a Matterport Pro3 Camera scanned space?
27. What is different about the Matterport MatterPak compared to the Matterport E57 File?