97-WGAN-TV - Advanced Outdoor Matterport Scanning Techniques and 9 Bonus Matterport Tips and Tricks with Los Angeles-based Home3D.us Founder Kevin Dole (@Home3D) | Thursday, 8 April 2021
Transcript below ...
1. How do you get the Matterport Dollhouse view to include pools (not black)?
2. How, why and when to use SunSurveyor for your Matterport shoot?
3. How to avoid issues switching between a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera, Ricoh Theta Z1 and a BLK360?
On WGAN-TV Live at 5 on Thursday, 8 April 2021, Los Angeles-based Home3D.us Kevin Dole (@Home3D) - a Matterport Service Provider was back on WGAN-TV to show and tell his:
✓ WGAN-TV | 10 Advanced Outdoor Matterport Scanning Techniques and Bonus Tips and Tricks
1. Differentiate your Matterport virtual tours by mastering exterior shooting
2. Using Matterport Pro2 3D Camera and Ricoh Theta Z1 together for better dollhouse models
3. Advance time/sun planning using Google Maps and Apple Maps satellite 2D/3D views
4. How, why and when to use SunSurveyor on location
5. Using drone for lot mapping and improved Site Plans / Floor Plans
6. plan your interiors for exterior scanning
7. capture exterior areas partially in sunshine, shade and twilight
8. issues switching cameras, Matterport Pro2, Ricoh Theta Z1, BLK360 - match scan position to last
9. duplicate and remove Ricoh Theta Z1 scans to get floor plan made by Matterport
10. MP2FP better solution:
✓ use drone straight down to capture home and site layout
✓ use county assessor’s map files for layout and measurements
✓ send MP2FP: Matterport digital twin model; drone photo down; Google capture; assessor’s plat map
Kevin Dole Bonus Tips and Tricks (Also Discussed During the Show)
1. orientation of Matterport Pro2 3D Camera before 1st scan
2. mark mirrors and windows as you enter a room
3. use single-lever bowl tripod head for quick leveling
4. Manfrotto tripod - with riser - to minimize legs
5. use 360 pole tripod with ball base
6. Matterport MatterTags for elevators: URLs to internal node positions - Cmd-U
7. favorite iPad case
8. favorite door stops
9. favorite wheels (and issues)
Examples of Tours by Home3D.us Kevin Dole with Exterior Lot Scanning / Yards and Pools
✓ 1576ElDorado.com (no water in pool)
WGAN-TV Training U (in Matterport) | Includes These Courses by Kevin Dole
✓ 17A-WGAN-TV | Matterport Workshow 3.0 Training with Los Angeles-based Home3D.us Kevin Dole
✓ 19A-WGAN-TV | Matterport Workshop 3.0 Mesh Training with Los Angeles-based Home3D.us Kevin Dole
✓ 77A-WGAN-TV: Intro to 3DVista Virtual Tour Pro with Kevin Dole of Home3D.us
Get a Text Reminder
Text Me 5 Minutes Before WGAN-TV is Live | WGAN-TV Live at 5 Text Alerts powered by SimpleTexting
Home3D.us | LinkedIn | Facebook
Much thanks to Los Angeles-based Home3D.us Founder Kevin Dole (@Home3D for his Advanced Outdoor Matterport Scanning Techniques and Matterport Tips and Tricks.
If you want to take your Matterport scanning skills to the next level, this is a "much watch" WGAN-TV show.
Plus, for the gear that Kevin recommends, please see the WGAN Matterport Gear and Accessories Web App under the section: WGAN Member Suggestions.